Oakland Fund for the Arts is currently accepting applications.
All applications are due April 15, 2013. Programs will be selected May 2013.
All applicants will be notified by email after the final program selection is made.
1. PROGRAM FUNDING GUIDELINES
2. OFFTA’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
3. THE REQUEST FOR FUNDING PROCESS
Program Funding Guidelines
Oakland Fund for the Arts (OFFTA) provides grants of up to $5,000 for arts education programs in the Oakland, California, public schools.
We fund hands-on arts education programs in which children participate in the direct experience of making art.
We fund arts education programs primarily for elementary grades, although innovative and unique middle school and high school programs will also be considered.
We require the Principal’s support of the arts education program and the active participation of a school liaison to ensure the program’s success.
We prefer the arts education program be conducted at a school (or schools) or at an off-site location in conjunction with a school.
We also provide one-time funding for specific arts-related needs, depending on the circumstances.
OFFTA’s Guiding Principles
We support arts education programs that combine the hands-on experience of actually making art with an aesthetic education about the essential role that art plays in our cultures, our histories, and our lives.
We partner with schools, artists, projects, and organizations that share our vision of combining the experience of making art with an aesthetic education.
We support arts education programs that benefit communities in which inadequate financial resources have limited young peoples’ access to a full range of opportunities.
We work with schools in which principals, teachers, and parents partner to provide the support structure necessary to ensure the program’s success.
The Request for Funding Process
Requests for arts education program funding may be submitted two times during the year, although we reserve the right to consider requests at any time.
1. Oakland Fund for the Arts’ Request for Funding application is now completely online! All applications submitted must use the form below. No mail-in or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
2. Before beginning the online form process, it is highly recommended that you download the PDF planning version of the funding request. This will ensure that you have all the necessary information when filling out the online form. Please note that, while the PDF will allow you to fill out the form on your computer, you will not be able to save it. We strongly advise you to print a copy and save it for your records. We also suggest that you talk to us first, to determine if your program would be appropriate for our funding. Call our voice mail # at 510.488.3036, or email our administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will contact you personally.
3. While the application must be submitted online, any attachments required may be mailed to PO Box 29022, Oakland, CA 94604. See the planning form for more information on attachments required. If you choose to mail your attachments, they must be postmarked by the submission date.
2. Once your form is submitted, a member of OFFTA’s Board (your assigned board liaison) will contact you to discuss the proposed program. If it is determined that the proposed arts education program appears to be consistent with OFFTA’s mission and guiding principles, you may be asked to arrange a site visit at the location(s) where the program will take place.
3. Please submit your completed Request for Funding proposal by the deadline.
4. The Request for Funding proposal will be reviewed by the Board of Directors. Your liaison will work with you to make sure you provide all the required information. Incomplete Requests for Funding proposals will not be reviewed.
5. The board liaison and the administrator will inform you of the Board’s decision and discuss the next steps.
Requests for Funding (RFF) will be considered according to the following cycle:
Fall 2013 will be the next round of funding.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with additional questions.